Thursday, January 12, 2012

In my Dorm...

There is a place within my dorm....
 where hot water for tea is endless
fellowship can be found while folding bluejeans
where I can go for silence, or noise.

Within my dorm are people who:
are living breathing thesauri
will offer me a beer from thier special stash at 2 am to chill in the  silence together
offer me hugs when my OCD is raging
make my southern accent very obvious
stop by my door every time they pass
think I can find the answer to anything
can take me to Super Target for tangerines and tampons

On my campus there is a place:
where I can cry or laugh or scream... and it is all okay
where I can wander stacks of books that full of ancient wisdom
where a cross stands for over a thousand years of Lutheran heritage in Norway
where food means fellowship as well as sustenance

And in our chapel I can see the face of God....
as I serve the body of Christ to my cohort
Faces upturned bring tears to my eyes
where every voice is that of an angel
and sermons are awe inspiring. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment