Sunday, September 18, 2011

What is this blog about anyway?

So you are wondering, and rightly so, why is she writing this?  What about it should appeal to me?  Why should I care?
I can answer the first, I can hazzard a guess at the second, and I cannot even begin to understand the third- it is entirely too personal.
Why?
Why not?  How many distance learning Master of Divinity students do you know that are willing to share the ins and outs, the ups and downs and the totally embarrassing and otherwise mundane moments of Seminary?
Yeah.  I thought so.  And since there is not a line around the block, guess who gets the job?

As for why it should appeal to you? Besides the fact that you probably don't have a long list of people who share this journey with you in writing,  you probably have little or small clues as to how this whole thing works anyway.  I know a lot of people are just now becoming familiar with online learning in the first place, so the question that comes up most often is how you train someone who needs serious 'connection' to develop fully during thier degree program while only doing it online?  It is my hope that you will see just how this works through my eyes, that you will see what a Lutheran does to become ordained (A Pastor) and the journey that gets us there.

FYI, I do take questions.  I promise if you have the courage to ask, I will have the courage to post the question along with my most honest answer.  Help me to educate you and others.  Help me to grow.  Help us to understand each other.

Finally, I write this because I love to write.  I love to share.  I love to learn, and I love to connect.  This is my way to allow some very special people (my candidacy committee at the Metropolitan New York ELCA Synod) as well as my supporting congregations (prayerful, financial, membership, etc) and my friends and family to really get a good look at the process.

So.  Buckle in.  I have about a dozen posts ready to go.  Keep watch and maybe consider subscribing to this page.

Joy in ALL Things,
Just Julie







1 comment:

  1. Julie,
    I am looking forward to sharing your jounery. I meet you online via Reading the Bible in 90 Days. I accomplished my first ever read through and so look forward to digging deeper into Father's Word.

    ReplyDelete